Food Bank Distribution Area Boundaries
Our food bank serves the area bounded by Eglinton Ave. to the south, Highway 401 to the north, Bayview Ave. to the west and Victoria Park Ave. to the east.
Clients and Potential Clients
To determine whether you are eligible to receive food you must provide us with the following items:
- Proof of residency within in the neighbourhood boundaries (Identification such as Health Card, Passport, Immigration ID, Driver's License, etc.)
- Proof of sources of income (pay stub, O.W., Child Tax Credit, Disability Insurance, etc.)
- Expenses (Rental agreement / lease or mortgage)
Hours of Operation
Tuesdays and Saturdays from 9:30am to 11:30a.m.
Church of the Ascension, 33 Overland Drive, Don Mills. View on Google Maps
Donations of non-perishable food items may be dropped off at the Food Bank, Tuesday or Saturday from 10am to noon or at our participating churches:
- Church of the Ascension, 33 Overland Drive. Phone: 416-444-8881 View on Google Maps
- Donway Covenant United Church, 230 The Donway West. Phone: 416-444-8444 View on Google Maps
- Jubilee United Church, 40 Underhill Drive. Phone: 416-447-6846 View on Google Maps
- The Donway Baptist Church, 235 The Donway East. Phone: 416-558-0731 View on Google Maps
- The Church of St. Bonaventure, 1300 Leslie Street. Phone: 416-447-5571 View on Google Maps
- St Mark's Presbyterian Church, 1 Greenland Drive. Phone: 416-444-3471 View on Google Maps
For perishable food items or for larger quantities, please call in advance: 416-441-3209
We are a registered charity; our charity number is 85987 5303 RR0001. An income tax receipt will be issued for donations of $10 or more.
Click on the button at right to donate online through CanadaHelps. All information entered is strictly confidential and secure. Within minutes of making a donation, you will be emailed a tax receipt for income tax purposes.
Donations can also by made by cheque, made payable to: The Community Share Food Bank, and mailed to: The Community Share Food Bank, 33 Overland Dr., Toronto, ON M3C 2C3. Tax receipts will be issued in January for the previous year.
Food bank clients live among us in our community. We aim to help at this challenging time in their lives. The Community Share Food Bank is a registered non-profit organization operated solely, purely and only by volunteers and is supported by donation from parishioners, area residents and corporations, as well as the North York Harvest Food Bank and Second Harvest. There is no monetary support from municipal, provincial or federal governments.
Thank you in advance for your generosity.
Volunteers are the way our food bank runs. Not only do we appreciate regular volunteers, the food bank participates in local high school volunteer programs. If you wish to donate time and your special talents, please contact us. If you are a student and wish to volunteer, please download the following information:
2014/15 Board Meetings:
Nov. 25/ 14
May 27 /15
All meetings start at 7 pm and will be held at St Bonaventure Parish Hall, St Francis Room, 1300 Leslie St., Toronto, ON M3C 2K9
Annual General Meeting
June 4, 2015, 7pm. Location TBA